Life can get a little crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Beginning of The End

For some reason I randomly feel like blogging tonight...summer is coming to a close. Next week summer ends and the craziness of school beings. Classes don't officially start until the 29, but we all know the week before school starts really isn't summer anymore. It is filled with preparations for the year ahead.
This will be my very last year at UVU and it is bittersweet. I am excited to be on the last leg of my undergraduate education, but I have loved my experience at UVU. I wouldn't be sad if I had more time left, although I am ready to be done. I feel like the majority of my education has been more through my involvement on campus and less through my actual classes. I won't be officially involved in anything this upcoming year, and that feels really weird. I'll be working on campus with the orientations still, but if you've been involved you know the difference between a job and being involved. 

This summer, as I wrote about here, and here, has been very busy filled with working full time with the New Student Orientations. I have LOVED it, and I'm actually changing my career plans to include working in higher education. The plans aren't set in stone, though, they never really are. I like to leave my options open and go with the flow. Who knows maybe I'll end up working for Disney :)

With the beginning of the school year so many things have changed, yet so much is still the same. Still going to UVU and loving it. Excited to dive into the last semesters of my major. Looking forward to making new friends and continuing to build relationships with current friends. Also moved out of my house and now have an apartment and roommates. Honestly I think the best decision I could have made. Here's to one last fantastic year at UVU.

No comments: